Friday, November 13, 2009

K so i was diagnosed 1n sept. 2008 after a long time of waiting and test after test after test. I thought they would not find out what i had I went through Agiogram,MRI,Lumbar Punctures,all kinds of test on my heart too. They found over 36 small leasions on my brain they decided that it was Multiple Sclerosis. At first i thought what the heck does that mean i definatly can say i went into a horrible depression and it just got worse as the months went on. They put me on a medication called Rebif the thought of giving myself a shot 3 times a week freaked me out and i didnt think i would be able to do it,but they send a nurse out to see me and train me and really it is the smallest needle you can get it is a 29 gage which is very small so that helped and it has a autoinjecter which is so easy put it in push a button and your good so i love it i don't even have to see the needle until i am taking it out. I started to see a nerologist who put me on the rebif the only scary thing was is with MS it can attack anywhere in your body so sometimes i get random things but don't know if it is something else or if it the MS during the first probably 8 months i had a horrible time they were trying to get me stable on Medication to see what would work with me and at one point i was taking a handful of pills of all kinds and after starting a new medication my stumic bloted because the medication i was on caused a distended colon which wound me up in the hospital for one week and it was a horrible experiance i felt very alone and unbelively depressed i actually considered ending my life,I didn't know how to cope at all so will i was in hospital i was trying to figure out a way to end it (looking back now it was horrible and sad i got that close) I felt so alone like no one understood how i was feeling and i really felt like no one cared even though cayleb, the kids and my mom and dad came to see me a lot i felt more like a burden and life would be easier if i wssn't here to worry about and all the expences that come along with it. I stayed very depressed for several months and i just couldn't handle it. I am just now starting to deal but i have exasurbations every once in while which are scary like this last weekend i had one that caused my legs to go very weak and was not able to walk with out support very scary but doing alot better today i am very greatful things are getting better and i do hope they will continue to get better but it is late and i am going to head to bed but It sure makes you feel better to write you story and even i am excited to talk about my kids and basicly keep a jornal of what is going on in our family.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you started a blog...let me know if you need help with anything on it. Also, I'm glad to hear you are doing better but I'm sorry you've had to go through so much...I hope you can keep it under control...love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete